Custom Property on Physcial Send Port RRS feed

• Question

• I created a custom context property for a schema.

I am getting that custom context property in orchestration through Message(Namespace.PropertySchema)

but I am unable to get that custom context property on Admin console send port filter.

Is it possible to get that custom context property on Admin console send port filter.

Prakash

• Edited by Shivay_ Thursday, April 16, 2015 1:02 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 1:02 PM

Answers

• Yes, it is possible. However, you need to define the property in the right way.

How have you promoted the property in your solution? You cannot route on distinguished fields, but it has to be promoted properties. You will also need to have the dependencies right if you store the propertyschema in another application and in that case add a reference to the application where the schema resides.

You will also need to set the property schema base in your property schema depending on how the context property is used (i.e. is it a field in the message or a "metadata" context property?).

Quickly googled link: http://tutorial.programming4.us/windows_server/BizTalk-2010-Recipes---Creating-Property-Schemas.aspx

• Marked as answer by Shivay_ Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:02 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 1:26 PM

All replies

• Yes, it is possible. However, you need to define the property in the right way.

How have you promoted the property in your solution? You cannot route on distinguished fields, but it has to be promoted properties. You will also need to have the dependencies right if you store the propertyschema in another application and in that case add a reference to the application where the schema resides.

You will also need to set the property schema base in your property schema depending on how the context property is used (i.e. is it a field in the message or a "metadata" context property?).

Quickly googled link: http://tutorial.programming4.us/windows_server/BizTalk-2010-Recipes---Creating-Property-Schemas.aspx

• Marked as answer by Shivay_ Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:02 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 1:26 PM
  • To access the promoted properties with orchestrations, you need to add a reference to the schema/assembly within the BizTalk Project. Similarly to access the property in the filter you need to DEPLOY the property schema and also ensure that the BizTalk Application where you are defining the filter can REFERENCE the schema (BizTalk Reference).

Regards.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 1:33 PM
  • In you custom Property Schema, on the Property Element, you have to set Property Schema Base to MessageContextPropertyBase.

MessageDataPropertyBase is the default, which means it doesn't appear in any of the Designers.

In practice, there's no reason to not set any property definition to MessageContextPropertyBase.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 1:56 PM