none
Why choose .Net application , not BI tools like Qlik or SAP RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create a application for Reporting and analysis with huge huge data and want develop it .Net Core , instead we  have multiple BI tools (QlikView Or SAP, Tableau) for reporting.

I just want to know the reason, why I choose .Net Framework in place of expensive BI tools like Qlik view.

Thank You,

Amit Thakur

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 9:22 AM

All replies

• There is not enough info here to give a good answer.  The main reason I could see to develop an app in .net core instead of using one of the BI tools you have available is the BI tools do not do something you need.  Of course if you are paying annually for the BI tools and could create an app that meets your needs and stop paying for the BI tools that would be a good reason also
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 10:03 PM
  • So true.

Last year, I was requested to modify a Qlikview dashboard to make it able to expand and show detail data that has almost completely different set of fields (very natural case to show grouped breakdowns of total).

Since this is not supported, in the end I have to write PHP code to export the data in Excel, where I can do column/row range grouping to produce desired effect.

P.S.: My currect job is mainly on PHP and Java, so awkward moment you see "PHP" in .NET forum. However the baseline is the same - when your BI tools can't do something you need to do, instead of the unlikely way to <strike>bribe</strike>persuade them write that feature then persuade the management levels to pay for upgrade, it's way faster to write it yourself (provided you know how to do it)

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 2:22 AM
    Answerer