none
The Visual Studio Community RC 2017 doesn't finish installing in my three attempts so far. What could be the issue?

Question

• The Visual Studio Community RC 2017 doesn't finish installing in my three attempts so far.  What could be the issue?
    Friday, December 30, 2016 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hi advancecoder56,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Did you meet any error message during the installation? I need your help to collect the VS installation logs, you can use http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.zip under %temp% folder then upload the file to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here.

Before the installation, make sure windows update is up-to-date, clean up the %temp% folder and temporarily disable any antivirus software, then re-run the VS 2017 RC installer as administrator again.

If it still not works, in case any previous existing VS 2017 RC or ‘15’ preview version if you have installed before blocked the installation, please have a try with the following steps to completely removed them, then re-run the installer as administrator again.

1. Go to Control Panel—Programs and Features, if there have ‘Microsoft Visual Studio 2017’ or ‘Microsoft Visual Studio Installer’, right click it and choose ‘Uninstall’

2. Try to delete the following installed folders: (you can back up those folders before any modification, in case we need to roll back)

• Go to the folder: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio and delete the ‘Packages’ folder
    • Go to the Visual Studio installation folder (normally under %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio) and delete the folder ‘2017’ or ‘VS15Preview’ if you have

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 02, 2017 5:22 AM