CQRS with Azure Strean Analytics RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking at a persistence service for a CQRS application. The CQRS application has a read side where it gathers all the events and then project to the output. In my case the events are similar to the orders being processed. It can go through few state transitions. It's price, discount etc... all can change. They are all saved as events. The UI will display the latest stat of the order which is the query part.

I looked at Stream Analytics which takes care of the replaying logic etc... from my custom implementation. My question is, anyone has used Stream Analytics for a CQRS solution? My next question is about the pricing. Is it hosted in a VM so I can expect a monthly bill of minimum $200?

Appreciate your feedback.

Monday, February 9, 2015 10:46 PM

Answers

• Checkout Azure Stream Analytics pricing details here -> http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/stream-analytics/

You don't reserve a VM, so you pay only for what you use and in many cases monthly bill can be much less than $200. That's one of the big value of Azure Stream Analytics- very low development as well as hosting cost for most of the common scenarios.

• Marked as answer by Zafar Abbas Friday, February 20, 2015 8:52 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Zafar Abbas Friday, February 20, 2015 8:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Zafar Abbas Friday, February 20, 2015 8:52 PM
    Monday, February 16, 2015 5:42 PM