none
7z.dll missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Currently I am working on 7zip compression. When i run 7zip source code on windows platform its running without any issue.

But if i use same code on WINCE platform its throwing exception that 7z.dll is missing. I loaded same 7z.dll which i used for windows platform but still same issue continues. Is there separate 7z.dll available for WINCE? If so where can i get it? Need Help.

Thanks in advance.

shweta

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For debugging the issue, provide the error report/log. Wndows7 or any x86 code will not run directly for WEC.

And if you want 7zip for wince, download from here.It is working and I have used it in WEC7.

Shan_k.

• Proposed as answer by Misbah Khan Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:14 AM
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:02 AM
  • You can't use the SAME dll.

Modify the source code of that dll (7z.dll) and build it for WinCE.

Or else, you can use the project suggested by Shan.

Keshava G N,
    Member - Technical (Software),
    iWave Systems, Bangalore,
    http://iwavesystems.com ,
    mailto: keshavagnATiwavesystemsDOTcom .

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:16 AM
  • Thanks Shan and Keshava,

The link you provided is for 7zip .exe file. Where I can get the source code?

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:07 AM
  • Your requirement is not exactly application but code ? I don't think it will be available openly. You need to build the available source code of x86 to ARM, WEC platform using platform builder.

Shan_k.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:33 AM
  • Thanks Shan,

Currently I am not working on x86 or ARM. I am using virtual machine to run the code. Is there any other compression algorithm source code that is available for WINCE?

Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:07 AM
  • The emulator/virtual machine BSP should be able to run either ARM or x86 code (you have to build applications for the target for some target processor). Maybe I missed it but don't see which version of WinCE you are using.

Paul T.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:50 PM
  • Thank you all,

Monday, July 21, 2014 11:19 AM
  • Hi,

I am using WINCE 7 version. And i dont have code for either ARM or x86. I have 7zip source code for  windows 7 platform. And i am using it for WINCE platform with some cosmetic changes. But this code has a line of code which loads 7z.dll file. But 7z.dll which I am having is for Windows platform and not for wince. I am not finding WINCE compatible 7z.dll in internet also. 

Need help.

shweta

Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:33 AM
  • If you have source code (or it's functionality) of 7z.dll, you can try porting it to WinCE. Otherwise it will not be possible to use that app...

Keshava G N,
    Member - Technical (Software),
    iWave Systems, Bangalore,
    http://iwavesystems.com ,
    mailto: keshavagnATiwavesystemsDOTcom .

Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:41 AM
  • Yeah correct, But I didn't find source code.

Is wince providing any built in file compression techniques? I found "FSCTL_SET_COMPRESSION" but its not working. And do you know any compression algorithm which is supported by WINCE?

shweta

Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:48 AM
  • No ZIP compression, no. You might find something on one of the source code sites that could be ported.

7-Zip has an ARM-targeted install for Windows Mobile/CE. If your target processor is ARM, it's possible (though not certain) this would work.

Paul T.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 3:14 PM
  • Thank you Paul T,

I will work around this.

shweta

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:44 AM