Issue with Entity frame 6.1.1 and visual studio 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a windows form application that I'm developing using the Entity Framework 6.1.1 in Visual studio 2013 update 4. When I add a data source from my entity context to the data sources window in VS2013 I and unable to drag & drop the data source onto my form.

If I add a data source by adding a binding source control to the form and set the data source property I can only navigate to the parent entity. I am unable to bind to any of the child entities, even if I set the data source on the binding source control manually in code.

If I change to linq to Sql context everything work fine.

Can you tell me how to resolve this issue please

Regards

Neil

Saturday, May 30, 2015 5:32 PM

Answers

• Hello Neil,

>>When I add a data source from my entity context to the data sources window in VS2013 I and unable to drag & drop the data source onto my form.

It is confused what you mean about “unable to drag & drop the data source onto my form”, does it throw any exception when dropping the data source to the form? I created a test demo with a one to many relationship database schema, however, with the environment you mention Entity frame 6.1.1 and visual studio 2013, I could drop both the master and child tables to the form:

Or if you mean when you want to drop these tables to your forum, there are not these types, if so, please first build your project so that the data source control would detect these types.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Fred Bao Monday, June 8, 2015 7:24 AM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 6:40 AM