none
Integration between BizTalk and SAP 3.1I RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to know wether BizTalk supports SAP 3.1I version.

Call from Biaztalk to SAP.

Like Call SAP RFC from Biztalk.

Please help me

Kanaj

Thursday, February 3, 2011 1:21 PM

Answers

• The latest version of the BizTalk adapter pack supports SAP R/3 4.x and later. See this page: http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/en/us/adapter-pack.aspx. So I am guessing the 3.x support would be in the BizTalk 2009 support or maybe an earlier version. I do not think the latest versions support back to 3.x too but I do not really know.

You would probably need to create a VM to try it out to see if it worked.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 11:31 PM
  • The Xml for the call to SAP is basically an abstraction of the metadata that the BizTalk custom RFC uses to call other SAP objects. You can call a .NET method in a BizTalk orchestration and have it create the message body (passed back as System.Xml.XmlDocument to the orchestration). In the .NET method you can build up the Xml for the BizTalk adapter like you are showing. Something like this:

public static System.Xml.XmlDocument BuildSAPMessageCall() {
      XmlDocument ret = new XmlDocument();
      ret.LoadXml(... concatenation logic);
      return ret;
    }

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 2:59 AM

All replies

• The latest version of the BizTalk adapter pack supports SAP R/3 4.x and later. See this page: http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/en/us/adapter-pack.aspx. So I am guessing the 3.x support would be in the BizTalk 2009 support or maybe an earlier version. I do not think the latest versions support back to 3.x too but I do not really know.

You would probably need to create a VM to try it out to see if it worked.

Thanks,

Thursday, February 3, 2011 11:31 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply.Sure I will try with your solution.

One more I want to know, Is it possible to write logic in Visual Studio to Call SAP RFC Function Module? (Because I am from SAP)

i.e..

<messageIn.LoadXml(  "<Z_RFC_FUNCTION_MODULE xmlns=\"http://Microsoft.LobServices.Sap/2007/03/Rfc/\">" +
                                    "<DEST>" + destination + "</DEST>" +>

Thanks,

Friday, February 4, 2011 12:53 PM
  • The Xml for the call to SAP is basically an abstraction of the metadata that the BizTalk custom RFC uses to call other SAP objects. You can call a .NET method in a BizTalk orchestration and have it create the message body (passed back as System.Xml.XmlDocument to the orchestration). In the .NET method you can build up the Xml for the BizTalk adapter like you are showing. Something like this:

public static System.Xml.XmlDocument BuildSAPMessageCall() {
      XmlDocument ret = new XmlDocument();
      ret.LoadXml(... concatenation logic);
      return ret;
    }

Thanks,
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 2:59 AM