Does SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER support .jpg file in WDP?

Question

• The program i had in windows xp only support .bmp file

while it support both .bmp and .jpg file in windows 7.

now it seems that WDP doesn't support SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER to set a .jpg file as wallpaper either.

Is that true?

PS . Sorry for my poor English.

Friday, September 16, 2011 6:12 AM

Answers

• Hello yautou,

I just tested your issue and was able to change the desktop image to a .jpg file successfully.
    Do some testing and save the file as a .jpg and then browse to it when trying to set the image.

Let us know if you get it to work.
    Marilyn
    • Marked as answer by yautou Sunday, October 02, 2011 12:20 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 2:02 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This thread was created in the Windows Developer Preview: General OS questions forum; the Microsoft Moderation team has moved this thread to the Building Metro style apps with C# or VB Forum.

Michael
    Friday, September 16, 2011 2:25 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks.
    • Edited by yautou Friday, September 16, 2011 2:41 PM
    Friday, September 16, 2011 2:40 PM
  • Given that this is a general OS API question, it seems like that the original forum was more appropriate than this one. This forum is about C# and VB.
    Base Class Library Team (BCL) | My Blog: http://davesbox.com
    Friday, September 16, 2011 3:28 PM
  • Hello yautou,

I just tested your issue and was able to change the desktop image to a .jpg file successfully.
    Do some testing and save the file as a .jpg and then browse to it when trying to set the image.

Let us know if you get it to work.
    Marilyn
    • Marked as answer by yautou Sunday, October 02, 2011 12:20 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 2:02 AM
  • Yeah.

I just tested on my desktop PC, and it change the desktop image to a .jpg file successfully too. Although it failed sometimes. (>#_#<)

Thanks a lot.

I must had made a mistake about something that is not about SPI_SETDESKTOPWALLPAPER on my notebook.

Sunday, October 02, 2011 12:26 PM