none
Is VS 2015 targeted primarily to Windows 10?

Question

• I'm in a new job. We're currently using VS 2013 for some new WPF LOB apps we're working on. I'd like to move ahead to VS 2015, but have been told that VS 2015 and the .NET Framework 4.6 is really geared towards Windows 10 and above. We're on Windows 7. You know how the enterprise is, we're likely to stay on Windows 7 for at least 2 more years. (Some lucky folks have Surface Pros running Windows 8.1, but those are few and far between.)

So my question to you is this; is VS 2015 and/or .NET Framework 4.6 really targeted to Windows 10 and above? Especially when it comes to writing Windows desktop LOB apps and Intranet websites? Or may we use it successfully on Windows 7 Enterprise development boxes? If the answer to my question is yes, we can use VS 2015 and .NET 4.6 on Windows 7 for desktop and Intranet apps, I'd appreciate some links proving that. My just going to the powers that be saying that some guy/gal in the MSDN forums said that writing desktop and Intranet apps using VS 2015 and .NET Framework 4.6 on a Windows 7 dev box targeting Windows 7 clients isn't enough. They'll want proof.

Rod

Monday, November 16, 2015 6:08 PM

Answers

All replies