none
building 64bit Leap motion control Python wrapper in VS 2015

Question

• hi, 

I'm trying to run a Leap Motion Controller inside of Houdini a 3D software, but the leap module does not load in Houdini, i was told by a developer that:
    building 64bit Leap motion control Python wrapper in VS 2015

''Houdini's Python is built with Visual Studio 2015 and so it probably can't import/run the LeapPython.pyd module.

Your only option is to use a LeapPython.pyd module that is built with Visual Studio 2015. Hopefully Leap Motion has a way to build the module from source.''

I require a 64bit version of the module as Houdini prints out the following in its console:

'Python 2.7.5 (default, Oct 24 2013, 17:49:49) MSC v.1700 64 bit (AMD64) on win32'

I was told by Leap developers that I should follow the following example in order to build a 64bit version of the module on windows:

https://support.leapmotion.com/hc/en-us/articles/223784048

I ran into a problem when i reached step 5:

'Go to to the C/C++ -> General property page. Add the path containing Python.h, typically C:\Python33\include. (screenshot)'

the c/c++ directory doesn't exist???:see attached image
    Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:57 AM

All replies

• https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/47638/?page=1#post-214276

the attached image can be see in this link at the bottom 

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:59 AM
  • Hi friend,

Please make sure you've installed Microsoft Visual C++ build tools components.

The c/c++ will just show up under c++ project's properties. 

I could only find it in my C++ projects but not in others. 

Best regards,

Fletcher.  

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:51 AM
  • Hi friend, 

Has your issue been solved yet? 

Please feel free to mark a reply as answer if it's useful to you. 

Or if you've got a another solution, you could also share it here which would be helpful to other members who have the same issues. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards, 

Fletcher 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Saturday, January 14, 2017 2:55 AM
  • no luck yet Fletcher, I received some responses here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/26b5167f-847b-481c-9a98-7bf5ac031b33/building-64bit-leap-motion-control-python-wrapper-in-vs-2015?forum=vcgeneral#41aaeb52-da87-4b17-84ac-f2229b48f1cc

Saturday, January 14, 2017 6:31 PM
  • Hi friend,

Since you've posted your issue there, I hope you could get the answer you want.

As this forum is about Visual Studio IDE, if you any other related issue please free feel to let me know. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation:) 

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:25 AM