none
Get WordEditor is null from Inspector RRS feed

• Question

• I has one PC: Win7, Outlook2010, MacAfee. Close outlook. 

One third APP use MAPI to lunch a new a appointment, and then try get WordEditor to modify mail body. But I find the WordEditor is null in this outlook Inspector. If I disable McAfee E-mail Scan Addin in outlook, everything is OK. I can get WordEditor and can modify mail body. 

Are there any workaround or solution?

• Edited by Hyman Lu Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:38 AM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2015 12:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Hyman,

>>If I disable McAfee E-mail Scan Addin in outlook, everything is OK. I can get WordEditor and can modify mail body. <<

It seem that this issue is relative to the third-part add-in, I suggest that you get the support from McAfee to fix this issue.

If this add-in is a Com addin, as a workaround we can disconnect the add-in before you call get the WordEditor and set it back after finishing the processs.

Here is the code that set or state of the connection to a specified COM add-in via code below:

Application.COMAddIns.Item("AddinName").Connect = False

Application.COMAddIns.Item("AddinName").Connect = True

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 21, 2015 5:28 AM

All replies

• Please show the relevant snippets of your code.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 4:18 AM
  • Hi Hyman,

>>If I disable McAfee E-mail Scan Addin in outlook, everything is OK. I can get WordEditor and can modify mail body. <<

It seem that this issue is relative to the third-part add-in, I suggest that you get the support from McAfee to fix this issue.

If this add-in is a Com addin, as a workaround we can disconnect the add-in before you call get the WordEditor and set it back after finishing the processs.

Here is the code that set or state of the connection to a specified COM add-in via code below:

Application.COMAddIns.Item("AddinName").Connect = False

Application.COMAddIns.Item("AddinName").Connect = True

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 21, 2015 5:28 AM