The ubiquitous “InfoPath cannot open the selected form” error message RRS feed

• Question

• Hello;

I’ve been trying to access some of the Active Directory information in code. When I tried to preview the form I got a permissions error message with a suggestion to use full trust. So I did. Doing so resulted in the above-mentioned error message being generated. So I Googled like every good little boy and girl would do and the unanimous suggestion was “Set Trust to Full Trust – Wait! I just did that, that’s what caused my error message to be generated.

OK – Ron in debugging mode – Tried to remove all sorts of stuff that “Might” have caused the problem, nothing works. As long as I had Full Trust set, I’d get the error message. Uncheck it and the error message goes away, the form renders but the A/D stuff won't work, everything else does though.

So to prove a point, I created a new Blank Project. Set the option for Full Trust and Previewed the page. Same result. Notice the part where I didn’t put anything on the form, just changed the Trust Option.

Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

Cheers.

Ron…

Thanks Ron...
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Ron - when you set it to Full Trust it wants you to sign it with a certificate.  It will not work properly set to full trust without a proper certificate.
    • Marked as answer by RonInOttawa Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:08 PM
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I wrote a post a long time ago about this problem : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/2010/04/infopath-cannot-open-form.html

The post is written in French so to translate, your problem comes from a cache problem!

Your old form stays in the InfoPath cache and is not actualised!

So you have to type "InfoPath.exe" into the 'run" interface.

Then click on "Delete this form" that is on the right side and delete all the form from this cache.

I have done this method, and it worked great for me!

Hope this helps!

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:32 PM
  • Merci pour la réponse rapide Rémi. J'avais déjas essayé cela et ça ne fonctionne pas dans mon cas. (À Ottawa nous sommes bilingues :))

Translation - Rémi's solution was a definite possibility but in my case that doesn't work. Tried it again just for fun but no joy.

Remember - My form is absolutely BLANK it's got nothing on it except that the security is set to Full Trust. If I set it to the defaul "Automatically select ....." then it works just fine and presents me with a blank form. Set it to Full Trust and the error dialogue pops-up.

Cheers.

Ron...

Thanks Ron...
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:02 PM
  • Hi Ron - when you set it to Full Trust it wants you to sign it with a certificate.  It will not work properly set to full trust without a proper certificate.
    • Marked as answer by RonInOttawa Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:08 PM
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:49 PM