none
Cannot see Project Selection for C++ -> Windows Driver -> Test -> WDK WDTF Simple I/O Action Plug-in template RRS feed

• Question

• Running WIN10 PRO 64 bit 1703 (15063.413) I also have VS 2013 and VS 2017 installed.

My goal is to develop Simple I/O Default Fundamental drivers for HLK Testing.

Installed VS 2015 w/Update3, WDK 1703, and SDK 1703 and cannot select New Project -> Templates -> C++ -> Windows Driver -> Test -> WDK WDTF Simple I/O Action Plug-in template. I can see c++ -> Windows Driver but no next level "Test"  selection (only next Applications, Package, Devices, WDF, and Legacy).

Apparently the "Test" templates did not load. What step am I missing?

Thanks for your time, 

Joe

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 9:31 PM

Answers

• You are not missing anything.  We took the test templates out.  It is probably fours years ago or so.  Very few people used them.  We have 46 WDTF based tests in the HLK and the WDK that all relies on the simple IO plugins.  It is simply the ability to easily change the test's behavior that is removed.   

Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:46 AM

All replies

• You are not missing anything.  We took the test templates out.  It is probably fours years ago or so.  Very few people used them.  We have 46 WDTF based tests in the HLK and the WDK that all relies on the simple IO plugins.  It is simply the ability to easily change the test's behavior that is removed.   

Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:46 AM
  • Thanks - your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am learning the HLK System and our "USB INPUT DEVICE" does not match any of the "canned" SIMPLE IO Device Fundamental drivers; the HLK documentation says a custom driver may be needed and that's what lead me to this concern. You're right, the USB INPUT DEVICE Test suite lists 56 tests - 46 of them require Device Fundamental drivers. I think what you are saying is we can simply change the behavior of the DF tests, but unclear what this means at this point. It seems the system needs to communicate the DUT at some rudimentary level. Can these test run without the need to communicate to the DUT?
    Friday, October 13, 2017 3:46 PM