none
How to integrate KMDF Toaster component RRS feed

• Question

• Im trying to get the KMDF toaster driver working on a target machine to better understand what i need to do with my own drivers (which havent been working, missing installer error)

I need the KMDF toaster driver that has a classinstaller as well.

Anybody have any experience doing this? I'll be working on this, but from what im seeing it looks like Component Designer just doesn't like importing KMDF .inf files? When i imported the Toaster I wanted, it didn't even touch the classinstaller. I'll come back here to give more information as I come up with it, but it would be great if someone has already done this and would like to share what they did.
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 3:24 PM

All replies

• Try using “C:\Program Files\Windows Embedded\utilities>econvert.exe toastco.inf” to convert the toaster driver with the CoInstaller to an SLD.  Then open it with Component Designer and verity that the INF, DLL, and SYS files are there.  The FBAStick out tongueNP phase should then use the SetupAPI to install the INF.  You could use DEVCON.EXE to verity that the driver installs ok on XPE, and then import the SLD (from econvert) into your repository.  After FBA runs, view the FBA log to verity. 

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 8:57 PM