locked
Invalid Package Identity / Family name when submitting WP 8.1 xap RRS feed

  • Question

  • I recently upgraded by project to ver 8.1 for silverlight and since I did that I cannot submit updates to the store.

    This is the message I get...

    Invalid package identity name: 857fd242-3f69-4943-a00f-ceae87803f0a (expected: )

    Invalid package family name: 857fd242-3f69-4943-a00f-ceae87803f0a_hdthcd13afe9w (expected: )

    I have checked that the names in my package match those in the dashboard. 

    I can see a thread that already deals with this however the suggestion is to contact dev centre support which I did and was told they couldn't help and to use the forum. So I am being sent around in circles. Can anyone assist with this?

    Friday, October 21, 2016 8:29 AM

Answers

  • Hello,
    Have you ever associated your new upgraded app with Store to sync the app identify info? Please double check if the expected string is the same as what in your package.manifest.
    You could try reserving a new app name in your App overview page and associate your app with the Store selecting that app name, then rebuild and submit your application.
    If the issue persists, I think there might be some issue or something missed in your project. That way I would like to suggest you to follow this document to finish your process of app upgrading.
    If you have any other question, please feel free to post here.
     
    Best regards,
    Mattew Wu

    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

    • Marked as answer by NLF Friday, October 21, 2016 4:04 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 9:43 AM

All replies

  • Hello,
    Have you ever associated your new upgraded app with Store to sync the app identify info? Please double check if the expected string is the same as what in your package.manifest.
    You could try reserving a new app name in your App overview page and associate your app with the Store selecting that app name, then rebuild and submit your application.
    If the issue persists, I think there might be some issue or something missed in your project. That way I would like to suggest you to follow this document to finish your process of app upgrading.
    If you have any other question, please feel free to post here.
     
    Best regards,
    Mattew Wu

    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

    • Marked as answer by NLF Friday, October 21, 2016 4:04 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 9:43 AM
  • Thank you for your help Mattew. The document you linked helped me find the problem. Opening the package.appmmanifest in the xml editor was also key to locating the correct fields.
    Friday, October 21, 2016 4:13 PM