none
Large EDI Flatfile problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have developed a custom pipeline component that parses the flat file and removes Ascii characters. I created a custom pipeline using this custom ppln comp in combination with EDI disassembler.

The above mentioned custom ppln works fine for smaller EDI files (KB files). But when I drop large EDI files (MB files) the file doesn't get picked from the receive location and the cpu consumption by the BizTalk host (BTSNTSvc64.exe) tied to that location shoots up to 100%.

Any suggestions as to what is wrong??

Any help will be greately appreciated

Regards, Pa445
    • Moved by Ben Cline1Moderator Wednesday, May 4, 2011 1:29 AM Related to EDI (From:BizTalk Server General)
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 5:41 PM

Answers

• I don't think it is not picked up.. I think it is picked up already but the OS, since it is busy, hadn't had the chance to delete the file from the disk. Now, EDI is much smaller than XML, so an EDI file in the range of MB could easily become a 10s MBs file (say edi 1mb to xml 10mb). So BizTalk is busy trying to build the XML file and storing it in the message box. You can configure throttling so that BizTalk does not chew up all of your server's resources.
    C# + BizTalk2009 Developer
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 7:43 PM

All replies

• Are you using the flat file disassembler or EdiReceive? It is a little confusing what you are doing.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 1:28 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Ben,

I'm using my custom pipeline component (in the decode stage) along with the EDI disassembler component (in the disassemble stage) of the pipeline.

Hope this answers your question

Regards, Pa445
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 1:03 PM
  • I don't think it is not picked up.. I think it is picked up already but the OS, since it is busy, hadn't had the chance to delete the file from the disk. Now, EDI is much smaller than XML, so an EDI file in the range of MB could easily become a 10s MBs file (say edi 1mb to xml 10mb). So BizTalk is busy trying to build the XML file and storing it in the message box. You can configure throttling so that BizTalk does not chew up all of your server's resources.
    C# + BizTalk2009 Developer
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 7:43 PM