Do winjs support datagrid control ? I know, "no" but how can I set up complex data grid to represent data in tabular format ?

Question

• Hi folk,

I want to create a datagrid which can support

1) Sorting headers,

2) Filters

3) Header width expansion

4) Cell formating (based on predefined criteria apply style)

5) Multiple row selection

6) inline-editing of cell with different data control i.e. text input for string,checkbox for boolean,calenders for date,drop down for others....etc

7) Loading more records when scrolling down (fetch on demand,infinite scroll)

8) scroll on both x and y-axis (horizontal and  vertical) 

9) gesture support and many more...

I thought, i will rather go with jQuery datagrid plugin like, datatable,slickgrid,jQgrid,or other components..

But then it introduced more complexity in metro app as each of then introduced high dependency on jQuery,jQuery UI and few of them also used jQuery for mobile....

can I use ListView control ? i guess, no because it can either scroll horizontally or vertically ?

Is metro winjs engineering team going to contribute or planned to  create datagrid control ?

Please reply..

Thanks..

• Edited by extentia Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:11 PM
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Ex,

There is no equivalent to the DataGrid control provided by Microsoft.  You could create one using CSS and HTML but it would be complicated (but a great potential for you to package and sell a solution to others).  You can use 3rd party libraries if you find one that is sufficient.  We cannot discuss future plans in the forums, only functionality and features that have been publically announced.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, July 26, 2012 1:00 PM