Creating a workflow with conditional logic through SPD with the read only field named "replies". RRS feed

• Question

• All I am trying to do is create a simple workflow through SPD where if the number of replies are less than 2 send an email.  The email aspect has been easy but trying to create conditional logic through SPD on a read-only field like "replies" has been a huge pain.  Can someone please shed a little light on a simple way I can use "replies" as a means of creating a condition for my workflow?

P.S. my over all SharePoint skills are intermediate so please elaborate a little more as I am still learning :)

Thank you very much!!

Chris G.

Friday, July 6, 2012 8:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Chris,

There are conditional If current item field equals value in SPD, you can use  to create conditional logic. Based on your description, I tried it out on my local server. I create a workflow on any one of my list through SPD, and add one step to it.

Below is the step:

Condition: if CurrentItem: Modifyed:by(read-only field) equals user account

Action:              Email these users

Please check it, if it’s not the issue, please provide more information about whether is the issue that when you use the condition that you cannot find the read-only field “replies”.

Best Regards.

Monday, July 9, 2012 7:37 AM