How to import file into table with name of my choosing RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to use the import wizard for SQL Server 2005 and of course it's counter-intuitive and has lousy documentation like most MS wizards. This should be really obvious, but I can't figure out how to change the name of the destination table. It just names it after the text file I am importing and doesn't give me the option to change it anywhere
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• you can free type over the top of it...

Thanks,

Andrew Bainbridge
    SQL Server DBA

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem, or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you

Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:34 PM
  • Trying to use the import wizard for SQL Server 2005 and of course it's counter-intuitive and has lousy documentation like most MS wizards. This should be really obvious, but I can't figure out how to change the name of the destination table. It just names it after the text file I am importing and doesn't give me the option to change it anywhere
    Step right into it with the cursor and it will become editable. By the way, in most cases, you can easily rename it after the load.

Arthur My Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:37 PM
  • Yeah I have no idea what you guys are talking about. There are about 10 different screens in the wizard
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 3:05 PM
  • step into the table name

Arthur My Blog

• Marked as answer by SSISJoostMVP Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:09 PM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 3:08 PM