none
ASDK 1907 install fail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

facing this road block recently to install the latest version but I am stuck at this stage.

it complaints about the file not accessible.

2019-08-22 05:12:40 Warning  Task: Invocation of interface 'Prerequisite' of role 'Cloud\Fabric\VirtualMachines' failed: Type 'Prerequisite' of Role 'VirtualMachines' raised an exception:Error creating the data VHD file at \\SU1FileServer\SU1_Infrastructure_1\1.1907.0.20\Common\CommonNuGets_temp.vhdx. Error: Failed to create the virtual hard disk.The system failed to create '\\SU1FileServer\SU1_Infrastructure_1\1.1907.0.20\Common\CommonNuGets_temp.vhdx'.Failed to create the virtual hard disk.The system failed to create '\\SU1FileServer\SU1_Infrastructure_1\1.1907.0.20\Common\CommonNuGets_temp.vhdx': The storage device is unresponsive. (0x8003020A).at New-DataImage, C:\CloudDeployment\Roles\VirtualMachine\DataDiskImage.psm1: line 48at New-CommonNugetVHD, C:\CloudDeployment\Roles\VirtualMachine\VirtualMachine.psm1: line 116at Prerequisite, C:\CloudDeployment\Classes\VirtualMachines\VirtualMachines.psm1: line 27at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 42at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 40

Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:12 AM

Answers

• This error will usually occur for 2 reasons:

#1) an issue occurred with the storage or disk

#2) the disk is not yet prepared for use

To check and see if the issue is #2, re-run the installation via the ASDK installer UI by selecting the Rerun / continue option or by  PowerShell using the -rerun flag. Many people who are installing the ASDK without SSDs will hit strange errors like this, but they should continue when re-running the installation. 

For #1, your best bet is to make sure that your disks are in the correct configuration, and you can also run the Deployment Checker for the ASDK to check for any other configurations that might not be correct. 

Thursday, August 22, 2019 10:05 PM

All replies

• This error will usually occur for 2 reasons:

#1) an issue occurred with the storage or disk

#2) the disk is not yet prepared for use

To check and see if the issue is #2, re-run the installation via the ASDK installer UI by selecting the Rerun / continue option or by  PowerShell using the -rerun flag. Many people who are installing the ASDK without SSDs will hit strange errors like this, but they should continue when re-running the installation. 

For #1, your best bet is to make sure that your disks are in the correct configuration, and you can also run the Deployment Checker for the ASDK to check for any other configurations that might not be correct. 

Thursday, August 22, 2019 10:05 PM
  • Hi Travis,

Thanks for the reply. 

1) tried to rerun 4x, same issue. delete the vhd and redo from scratch also same issue. i tried manually access the share \\SU1FILESERVER\SU1_infrastruture_2 and all other shares and all are accessible only after the installation failed. during the installation, i tried to access the path manually, all shares were inaccessible.

2) i had 1906 installed without facing this issue previously. only on 1907 i face this issue. i run the pre-checker several times before and all green. (still the installation would fail my processor core count (dual socket 8 core, total 16 core) and network card (variable cannot be NULL error), had to modified the baremetal.test.ps1 file)

Friday, August 23, 2019 1:48 AM
  • Hello Daniel, 

1)If you have tried to re-run and redo, then something else is going on. If the shares are accessible and the -rerun still fails, then something else is going on. 

2) It is even more strange that 1906 was successful and this is unsuccessful. It looks like you meet the minimum CPU requirement, and I would not worry about the network card issue. 

I would love to take a look at the logs of your deployment. Can you run Get-AzureStackLog on you system to get your deployment logs, and Email me at AzCommunity@microsoft.com so that I can take a deeper look?

To Run Get-AzureStackLog:

Get-AzureStackLog -OutputPath "C:\AzureStackLogs"

Also, please include the deployment log at "C:\CloudDeployment\Logs", along with the most recent timestamped Deployment.xxxx-xx-xx.log

The logs collected might be too big to Email, typically when the logs get to a size larger than 20mb. If you do not have a good way to transfer these logs, send me an Email and we can work out a transfer method. 

Saturday, August 24, 2019 3:56 AM
  • Hi Travis,

The ERCS is not deployed yet. The only VM that I can see from hyper-v is DC01. Can the Get-AzureStackLog still works?

I will try when I am in office tomorrow.

Sunday, August 25, 2019 7:20 PM
  • Hi Travis,

I have email you the logs.

Monday, August 26, 2019 7:39 AM
  • Hi Travis,

For now, I have just reinstall ASDK 1906 while waiting for your investigation or 1908 to be release.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 8:49 AM
  • 1908 has released, have you tried to install it yet?
    Friday, September 6, 2019 1:29 AM
  • Hi Travis,

Yes, downloaded and doing the installation now. Will feedback how it goes.

Friday, September 6, 2019 7:00 AM