none
Combine 3 different word add-ins into One addin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends,

I have 3 word addins which I have created. Each one has a custom Ribbon instance with it. Now i want to create a Single addin when loaded it gives the user to select from my 3 addins. And when selected it will show its related custom tab. The problem I'm having is i cant load the userform without setting a custom ribbon instance. I know this question looks confusing. But I really cant figure out what to do at this point. 

If I make it simple "Can I merger 3 different word addins with custom Ribbon Tabs into One". An suggestion is highly appreciated. 

Regards, Supun Samarakoon

Monday, December 12, 2016 5:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Supunsam,

from your description I can understand that you have 3 addins and you want to merge these 3 different addins in to one.

and want to select the particular addin to load to display related ribbon.

but here I don't know that what's going in the code. I don't know how you setup these things.

so I can say as you create the 1 tab in each addin. create all 3 tabs in one addin so you not need to select which addin to load you need to select which ribbon tab should be displayed when user select.

as you know how to display the ribbon tab so I think it can solve your issue.

for further suggestion please provide demo code and steps to reproduce the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 1:10 AM
  • Hi Deepak

Thank you for your suggestion and that could work. Only I'm not ware of how to hide or display word tabs. Can you help me with the code.??

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 5:00 AM
  • Hi Supunsam,

I try to find the official documentation regarding MS word but no any documentation available.

Documentation for Excel is available.

you can try to see the way to use the code and try to implement for MS Word.

they use the code mentioned below.

Sub GetVisible(control As IRibbonControl, ByRef visible)
        If MyTag = "show" Then
            visible = True
        Else
            If control.Tag Like MyTag Then
                visible = True
            Else
                visible = False
            End If
        End If
    End Sub

Reference:

OfficeTalk: Display and Hide Tabs, Groups, and Controls on the Microsoft Office Ribbon User Interface (Part 1 of 2)

OfficeTalk: Display and Hide Tabs, Groups, and Controls on the Microsoft Office Ribbon User Interface (Part 2 of 2)

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:06 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Thank you very much for your point outs. I tried with the information given from these links but still not able to get any result. If I ask simply how can i show or hide a word ribbon tab with a VBA code. I also did a web search with this but unable to find other than you've given me. Any way thank you very much for your effort.

Monday, December 19, 2016 11:23 AM
  • Hi Supunsam,

I will inform you if I find any useful information regarding your issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 2:51 AM