none
New Bee... Difference between global.mpt vs global(+ Cached Enterprise) vs global(+non cached enterprise) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Day by Day VBA is becoming very confusing for me...

Can some explain me the difference between global.mpt vs global(+Cached Enterprise) vs

global(+ non cached enterprise) in simple terms with an example?

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 10:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

let give me a try:

• If you are working without a connection to Project Server, you will only have global.mpt available. This is stored locally and always available. Every macro within global.mpt is only available on this computer, since it is a local file.
    • When you start Project with connection to Project Server, content of your Enterprise Global is also available in global(+ non cached enterprise). This can only be changed temporarily. After re-starting Project, any changes are gone.
    • The last one is "(Checked-out Enterprise Global)", where you can define all macros for every user who starts Project with server connection. To get this one, you have to open Enterprise Global. Here you can change your code, which will be available global(+ non cached enterprise).
    • I don't see a "global(+Cached Enterprise)". Where can you find this one?

Does that help?

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 10:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

let give me a try:

• If you are working without a connection to Project Server, you will only have global.mpt available. This is stored locally and always available. Every macro within global.mpt is only available on this computer, since it is a local file.
    • When you start Project with connection to Project Server, content of your Enterprise Global is also available in global(+ non cached enterprise). This can only be changed temporarily. After re-starting Project, any changes are gone.
    • The last one is "(Checked-out Enterprise Global)", where you can define all macros for every user who starts Project with server connection. To get this one, you have to open Enterprise Global. Here you can change your code, which will be available global(+ non cached enterprise).
    • I don't see a "global(+Cached Enterprise)". Where can you find this one?

Does that help?

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 10:28 AM
  • When I open the MSP 2003 instance through a virtualization desktop application and then open the VBA editior, I see the "global(+Cached Enterprise)" option...
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:03 PM
  • Sorry, you haven't mentioned any version, so I assumed you were asking for 2007 or 2010. I have no 2003 available, so I can't answer this question.

Hopefully someone else can explain!

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:12 PM