Changing DocumentProperties keywords

Question

• Why is it not possible to modify the keywords of a document?

Could I write a WinRT component, that talks directly to WDS and modifies the keywords for a given StorageFile?

Thanks,

Phil

Saturday, February 25, 2012 1:11 PM

Answers

• I got you Phil...  No there is no WinRT way to do this and the documentation is correct.

As for the why, I am not sure.  I may be able to find out for you.  Can you give me your scenario as to why you need this so I can relay this to the product team?

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, February 27, 2012 3:56 PM

All replies

• WDS means many things.  What are you refering to here?  Also files don't have keywords so you must be talking about a specific type of document?

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, February 27, 2012 2:46 PM
  • I am talking about the "keywords" properties of a DocumentProperties object in WinRT. The property is read-only (in the API docs). I'd like to add new keywords to pdf, xps and docx files.
    Monday, February 27, 2012 3:05 PM
  • I got you Phil...  No there is no WinRT way to do this and the documentation is correct.

As for the why, I am not sure.  I may be able to find out for you.  Can you give me your scenario as to why you need this so I can relay this to the product team?

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, February 27, 2012 3:56 PM
  • Thanks Jeff!

The scenario would be that the user can add additional keywords in our app to documents ;)

Monday, February 27, 2012 3:59 PM