Win 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I've been playing with computers since DOS and I can't figure out how to get Win 8 to work.  I'm not a programmer.  I click on the big squares but desktop is the only one that does anything.  Is it because this is a Beta.

At least web pages load faster and the text is more readable.

And shutting down now requires a hunting process to figure out how to do it.  Not intuitive.

Microsoft hate the Start button now.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:01 AM

Answers

• Windows 8 DP is not Beta, it is a developer preview for testing the OS's extensibility, that is, it is designed for software and hardware developers to work concurrently with Microsoft, so they do not need to wait until Microsoft is finishing the part for home users to get a hand on the product. 

Your concern has been raised many, many times in the Windows 8 Developer Preview forum and answered on Microsoft's build blog, which in turn generated more discussion in the forums.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:47 AM