Textbox wrapping RRS feed

• Question

• I hope I'm not missing something really obvious, but does the new textbox allow for wrapping? I have a textbox that is easily more than 2 lines high, but when the text I enter is wider than the width of the textbox, the text starts scrolling to the left. Any comments/suggestions/hints appreciated.

Monday, March 10, 2008 4:10 PM

Answers

•  I noticed that the Beta 1 TextBox does not have the TextWrapping property.  I hope that changes for Beta2, otherwise we have another custom control to do.

Dennis 

Monday, March 10, 2008 9:18 PM

All replies

• What about this? :)

<TextBlock TextWrapping="Wrap"></TextBlock>

enjoy!

Monday, March 10, 2008 5:45 PM
  • I don't believe it does.  I was working with one today as well and couldn't find any support for wrapping.

Monday, March 10, 2008 6:08 PM
  • What about this? :)

<TextBlock TextWrapping="Wrap"></TextBlock>

Works great for TextBlocks, not so much for TextBoxes. :)

Monday, March 10, 2008 8:19 PM
  •  I noticed that the Beta 1 TextBox does not have the TextWrapping property.  I hope that changes for Beta2, otherwise we have another custom control to do.

Dennis 

Monday, March 10, 2008 9:18 PM
  •  I just watched a movie from Mix08 illustrating there is a AcceptsReturn setting on the TextBox. Then multiline is supported. You find the movie here http://msstudios.vo.llnwd.net/o21/mix08/08_WMVs/CT01.wmv and it's around 10 minutes in the movie.

\a

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 1:16 PM
  • Then multiline is supported

Wrapping and multiline are slightly different. I don't want to require users to hit return to move to the next line. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it just isn't there.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 1:21 PM
  • I did some additional testing myself  and I can't figure it out either, but I will need to use this feature soon. I will write here if and when I know more about this.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 3:33 PM