Installed Program missing from the start screen and charm search

Question

• VS 2008 is working fine if I launch from Program Files or ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, but I cannot find it from the start screen or search charm.

I can find all other shorts installed by VS 2008 like Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Documentation and Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt on the start screen or in the charm search.

For the record, I also have VS2005 and 2010 installed, and they all registered their shortcuts correctly.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, October 10, 2011 4:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• I guess it might NOT been indexed, I suggest go to control panel and run search index and then rebuild index and see if problem solved and if not, I guess it should be investigate by Windows Product Team.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:39 PM
  • This may be a bug, we're looking into it at our end. Thanks for reporting it!
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:04 PM
  • I have installed Visual Studio 2008 on 3 Windows 8 machines and this is the only machine that has the problem.

I have deleted index data and built index but the shortcut is still not indexed.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:10 PM
  • In that case, we have to wait until it get fixed :)
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 11:12 AM