none
Azure Marketplace - hidden images and Azure Test Drive RRS feed

• Question

• I have published Marketplace images in the past to a staging environment. This allows you to provision a compute resource (VM in my case) from a specific list of Subscriptions. The resource (VM) is not visible to ANY OTHER subscription (ie. no public access).

Now I have set the image to public and published it all the way to the Public Marketplace. You cannot find it by searching, but the offer is technically avaialble to be listed/provisioned via CLI or PowerShell.

HOWEVER - you must first accept legal terms and conditions before you can grammatically provision an offer, and since the offer is HIDDEN, there is no way (that I can see) to set programmatic deployment flag to TRUE.

When you try to create a VM using PowerShell (example below), it fails because programmatic creation and not allowed.

Legal terms have not been accepted for this item on this subscription. To accept legal terms, please go 
    to the Azure portal (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=534873) and configure programmatic deployment for the Marketplace item or create it there for the 
    first time":"StoreApi"},{"The Publisher: COMPANY does not make available Offer: cs-16-2, Plan: bring-your-own-license in your Subscription/Azure account’s region: CA.":"StoreApi"}]

Has anyone confirmed how to solve this?
    Thanks.

Monday, October 2, 2017 4:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Sadiqh

I got help from Azure Marketplace people - you have to ensure the Test Drive subscription (that will host the image) is added to the "preview" subscription that can view the offer after it is staged.

Then you go into the Subscription and create the resource as a new compute resources - select the GUI option to edit programmatic access (the text link below the Create button for anyone who is looking for help here). Enable the Offer for your Subscription, and then you will be able to create a test image (from template in your subscription, or from template outside of Azure using PowerShell).

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 3:22 AM

All replies

• Can you share the document you are referring to? Also share the PowerShell cmdlets.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you and vote it as helpful, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 7:51 AM
  • Hi Sadiqh

I got help from Azure Marketplace people - you have to ensure the Test Drive subscription (that will host the image) is added to the "preview" subscription that can view the offer after it is staged.

Then you go into the Subscription and create the resource as a new compute resources - select the GUI option to edit programmatic access (the text link below the Create button for anyone who is looking for help here). Enable the Offer for your Subscription, and then you will be able to create a test image (from template in your subscription, or from template outside of Azure using PowerShell).

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 3:22 AM
  • Thank you for sharing this valuable information. Much appreciated.
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:49 AM