none
Migrating from .net 4.5 to .net 4.6 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using vs.net 2015 with .net framework 4.5.* and I want to migrate my application from .net 4.5.* to .net framework 4.6.

Please suggest me the best way to do this.

Thanks

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 6:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Friend,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

It's totally ok to directly migrate project from .Net Framework 4.5 to 4.6.

The .NET Framework 4.5 and later versions are backward-compatible with apps that were built with earlier versions of the .NET Framework. In other words, apps and components built with previous versions will work without modification on the .NET Framework 4.5 and later versions.

Reference: Version Compatibility in the .NET Framework

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 5:42 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I am just setting 4.6.1 under Target Framework drop-down in project properties window to migrate from 4.5 to 4.6.1. 

Should I change any other references for this migration?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 9:59 AM
  • Hi Friend,

>>Should I change any other references for this migration?

No, you don't need to change other reference, the migration action won't affect your project running.

In addition, if there is any error message after migrating, please feel free to contact us, you could share us about the project type or code samples, we will help you test and find out the reason.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 26, 2017 5:53 AM