How to load flipview item on demand.

Question

• Hello,

When I try to bind flipview with large data collection than the app crashes, is there any way to load flipview data on fly by listening to selection changed event.

What I am doing now is this. I don't want to use VirtualizingStackPanel as it lead to recycling problem.

<FlipView.ItemsPanel>
          <ItemsPanelTemplate>
                <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal"/>
           </ItemsPanelTemplate>
     </FlipView.ItemsPanel>

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by zee_patel Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:35 AM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hi zee_patel,

Could tell a scenario in detail, not sure I totally understand your question.

Is there any way to load flipview data on fly by listening to selection changed event? SelectionChanged event is the one for your question.

However I'm not quite understand why you mentioned VirtualizingStackPanel class with recycling problem here.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:14 AM
  • Hi jamles,

The scenario is that there is stackpanel as a Itempanel and due to this If I load large items like 200 than the app crashes and so to stop this I want to load flipview item on demand.Also I check for Incrementalloading but it is not  supported for flipview.

Instead of using itempanel if I set VirtualizingStackPanel.VirtualizationMode="Recycling" then I can load large amount of data but than if I make textbox which is in datatemplate of flipview visible for first item than It is also visible in 4,8,12...item due to recycling.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:16 AM