none
Drillthrough Actions not displaying 100% of records RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a drillthrough action configured on a 2016 SSAS cube to display all details for the result.  When the user clicks the action, appears to function but when comparing the detailed results (Aggregate of sales and number of records) the sum of the measurement does not equate to the total in the cube.  The aggregate in the cube is correct - why would all the records not appear in the details that compute the cube aggregate?

KDW

Thursday, February 6, 2020 7:05 PM

All replies

• There is a default max rows setting for drill through actions ( I think it defaults to 10,000 rows). So one possible explanation is that you are asking for more than the max rows setting so not all the rows are being sent to the client. 

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers

Friday, February 7, 2020 3:06 AM
  • Btw, also double check the all related tables are select for the drill through action.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 7, 2020 9:18 AM
  • yeah - I know about all of these settings on the server and the client (excel).  These are not the issue.  Thanks though Darren.  I really appreciate all of your contributions to the community. :)

KDW

Friday, February 7, 2020 6:51 PM
  • Not sure what you mean.  Why would I be missing 1 record out of 1,000 if the 1,000 are all contained in the same fact table and dimension attributes are all appropriately displayed from the dimensions? 

KDW

Friday, February 7, 2020 6:54 PM
  • could give you give more specific example on this case?

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Saturday, February 15, 2020 6:43 AM