none
Service Crashed due to exception on the KERNELBASE.dll RRS feed

• Question

• My Service got crashed with the following exception message,

Error Message:

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18015, time stamp: 0x50b83c8a
    Exception code: 0xe0fa1104
    Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
    Faulting process id: 0x17d8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ceaf25ff9311a6
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 737c0956-1ba5-11e3-a445-005056a0009c

And this exception thrown every 16hours after starting the service.

This is the OS related issue. I'm using Windows 7 64bit OS(Windows-on-Windows64, meaning emulating 32bit Windows on a 64bit Windows operating system.)... And my application is the 32 bit supportive... 

I think, this OS should support running application without any crash. But, I'm not sure, why KernalBase.dll throw an exception..

Please give me some light on this. .

Thanks in advance..

Friday, September 13, 2013 9:34 AM

Answers

• Hi George,

There are several ways that kernelbase.dll error messages might be phrased depending on the cause of the problem. So my suggestion is to narrow down this issue to find out what happened?

Could you please do some tests like below:

1. Create a very simple service application targets on 32bit, and try if it will run into the same error. This will help us to know that is there something wrong with the system dlls.
    2. Try to remove any third party stuff from your application, and test it again. This will help us to know that the effect of the third party stuff.

Since the service will crash every 16 hours after it is started, there must be something you could find out what the service application will do. Is there any late loaded dlls? Is there any scheduled tasks in the service application?  Add some try-catch code to your service, and post some details error message here so that we can help you to fix it.

If you cannot find anything helpful, try capture crash dump and analyze it.

Please let me know the results. Thanks.

Best Regards,

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 16, 2013 3:37 AM