none
Word 2013 crash vba duplex landscape RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In MS Word 2013 I set up a simple script to print docs in duplex.

I used the following vba to select a Brother print driver set for duplex then switch back.

Sub Duplex()
        Dim CurPrinter As String
        CurPrinter = Application.ActivePrinter
        Application.ActivePrinter = "BrotherDuplex"
        ActiveDocument.PrintOut
        Application.ActivePrinter = CurPrinter
    End Sub

Used in both Word 2010 and 2013. Works fine in 2010.

In 2013 works fine for portrait docs but Word crashes then restarts when used with landscape docs!

Any ideas?

Friday, April 4, 2014 4:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you print the file manually?

If yes, it means it only happens when using VBA, then we should dig deep to see whether it is VBA issue.

If no, it seems it is a common issue, as Eugene mentioned, it could also related to the print driver and other environment configuration. By it will be out the scope of Office Development, I would suggest you installing the latest version driver and Office Updates and get more help from Technet Word IT Pro Discussions forum.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 7, 2014 10:36 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The issue can be related to printer drivers, not only Word.

Also please make sure that you have all the latest updates and service packs installed for Office. 

Friday, April 4, 2014 7:00 PM
  • Hi,

Could you print the file manually?

If yes, it means it only happens when using VBA, then we should dig deep to see whether it is VBA issue.

If no, it seems it is a common issue, as Eugene mentioned, it could also related to the print driver and other environment configuration. By it will be out the scope of Office Development, I would suggest you installing the latest version driver and Office Updates and get more help from Technet Word IT Pro Discussions forum.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 7, 2014 10:36 AM