WCF REST Starter Kit Preview 2 still needed? RRS feed

• Question

• This starter kit was originally released in March 2009 and last updated January 2010, which is well before the release of VS 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0. Is this starter kit still needed if using WCF 4.0?
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 1:13 AM

Answers

• The REST starter it was basically provided based on the WCF web programming model available in .Net 3.5 SP1.Now the VS 2010 has built-in REST programming model. I don't think starter kit is needed for VS 2010. AS the kit contains source code for all features, detailed code samples, and unit tests, we can refer kit for these if needed.

Thanks,

PHarlapur

Saturday, November 13, 2010 6:20 PM
  • Most of the features of the RSK made into the .NET Framework 4.0 (including automatic format selection, help page, etc). The HttpClient library wasn't included on it.

The "next version" of the RSK (i.e., a "staging" place for new WCF features) is the WCF codeplex site (http://wcf.codeplex.com). There you'll find some enhancements to WCF which may be included in future releases of the framework, depending on the community feedback. It also has an updated version of the HttpClient.

Saturday, November 13, 2010 8:42 PM

All replies

• The REST starter it was basically provided based on the WCF web programming model available in .Net 3.5 SP1.Now the VS 2010 has built-in REST programming model. I don't think starter kit is needed for VS 2010. AS the kit contains source code for all features, detailed code samples, and unit tests, we can refer kit for these if needed.

Thanks,

PHarlapur

Saturday, November 13, 2010 6:20 PM
  • Most of the features of the RSK made into the .NET Framework 4.0 (including automatic format selection, help page, etc). The HttpClient library wasn't included on it.

The "next version" of the RSK (i.e., a "staging" place for new WCF features) is the WCF codeplex site (http://wcf.codeplex.com). There you'll find some enhancements to WCF which may be included in future releases of the framework, depending on the community feedback. It also has an updated version of the HttpClient.

Saturday, November 13, 2010 8:42 PM