Web API OData support RRS feed

• Question

• User990771509 posted

I am having one hell of a time getting OData to play nicely with the web services I am building. I have tried the examples provided by Microsoft and others on creating OData service endpoints and every single time something goes wrong. It is either only returning the key for a model or throwing odd exceptions about maxTop being 0 when I have it set to be 100.

I was wondering if anyone had a full working example (preferably with entity framework) that they would be willing to share so I could see what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,

~Justin R. 

Friday, March 3, 2017 5:39 PM

Answers

• User-2057865890 posted

Hi Justin,

It is either only returning the key for a model or throwing odd exceptions about maxTop being 0 when I have it set to be 100.

What is the exact error message?

I was wondering if anyone had a full working example (preferably with entity framework) that they would be willing to share so I could see what I am doing wrong.

This article demonstrates how to create an OData V4 Web API service which uses Entity Framework 6 and SQL 2014 for persistence.

https://damienbod.com/2014/06/10/getting-started-with-web-api-and-odata-v4/

Best Regards,

Chris

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 6, 2017 1:35 AM

All replies

• User-2057865890 posted

Hi Justin,

It is either only returning the key for a model or throwing odd exceptions about maxTop being 0 when I have it set to be 100.

What is the exact error message?

This article demonstrates how to create an OData V4 Web API service which uses Entity Framework 6 and SQL 2014 for persistence.

https://damienbod.com/2014/06/10/getting-started-with-web-api-and-odata-v4/

Best Regards,

Chris

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 6, 2017 1:35 AM
  • User990771509 posted

Thank you very much Chris I ended up resolving my issues. 

I had a follow up question if anyone knows the answer to it. 
    I am trying to generate edit links in the OData Entity Data Model, but I am hoping to implement some business logic on whether or not a record is editable by a user. Is there a way of doing this or is this not recommended. 

Thank you again for any help that can be provided. 

Monday, March 6, 2017 11:11 PM