Getting Started tutorial - cannot create Job Output RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been following the stream analytics getting started tutorial at http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/stream-analytics-get-started/

I encountered a problem running thru the tutorial when specifying the job output. Upon clicking the check mark to create the output the error I got was:
    "The JSON provided in the request body is invalid. Property 'server' value 'jt' is not acceptable. Activity Id: '35decfe7-91e4-4225-a96e-9f0faeef6408-2015-04-22 20:09:18Z'."
    This is very strange because I didn't actually enter a value for the server, it was selected for me when I chose the database (from the same subscription_ that I wanted to insert into.

Figuring there was a bug somewhere I went through the job output wizard again but this time I chose to "Use SQL Database from another subscription" as this allowed me to enter the fully-qualified name of the server which I duly entered ("jt.database.windows.net"), plus all the rest of the required information, here's a screenshot:

Upon hitting the check mark I got the same error:

"The JSON provided in the request body is invalid. Property 'server' value 'jt.database.windows.net' is not acceptable. Activity Id: 'a3b3143d-0a81-42dd-b793-73ca00bb670d-2015-04-22 20:18:34Z'."

I've followed the tutorial to the letter. I know the credentials for the database are correct because I've tried them multiple times now. Please can someone investigate why this is failing?
    TIA
    Jamie

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:25 PM

Answers

• I figured out how to get a custom server name in the new portal and a teammate has verified that we have a bug in handling these types of servers.  We're working on getting a fix out ASAP.  Thanks for reporting this issue.  For now, you should be able to workaround this behavior by using auto-generated servers.

Janet

• Proposed as answer by Janet Yeilding Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Zafar Abbas Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:53 PM
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Jamie, sorry you're running into this issue.  I'm only familiar with the standard auto-generated server names. This is much shorter and appears to be your initials (great detective work on my part, I know), so it looks like you were able to create a server with a friendly name.  Would you confirm that this is a valid server name and provide some context on how it was created?

Janet

Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:24 PM
  • I figured out how to get a custom server name in the new portal and a teammate has verified that we have a bug in handling these types of servers.  We're working on getting a fix out ASAP.  Thanks for reporting this issue.  For now, you should be able to workaround this behavior by using auto-generated servers.

Janet

• Proposed as answer by Janet Yeilding Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Zafar Abbas Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:53 PM
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:07 PM