VS 2013 files open as corrupted after being closed RRS feed

• Question

• I've had a large amount of files open corrupted recently. This is a new install, but I have attempted to use the repair feature with no luck. This usually happens after reopening the solution.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 4:58 PM

Answers

• Hi David,

Have you tried just scanning your disk to see if the OS can repair your files? Maybe it is a simple corruption from files being open when an app crashed or thd machine lost power.

Sincerely, 

IoTGirl

Friday, September 11, 2015 6:01 AM
  • Hi Davidp000,

>>This is a new install, but I have attempted to use the repair feature with no luck.

But one issue is that whether you get any setup error after you installed it, if not, at least, it is not the VS setup issue, so we don't have to repair or re-install the VS IDE.

>>I've had a large amount of files open corrupted recently.

>>This usually happens after reopening the solution.

How do you know that the files are corrupted? Did you really create the solution in VS2013 or other VS version? Maybe you could create a blank solution, and then copy all projects to the new solution, clean and rebuild the whole solution, test it again.

In addition, if there are so many projects in the same solution, sometimes it would impact the performance, maybe you could create a few solutions for different projects, test it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 11, 2015 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Davidp000,

>>This is a new install, but I have attempted to use the repair feature with no luck.

But one issue is that whether you get any setup error after you installed it, if not, at least, it is not the VS setup issue, so we don't have to repair or re-install the VS IDE.

>>I've had a large amount of files open corrupted recently.

>>This usually happens after reopening the solution.

How do you know that the files are corrupted? Did you really create the solution in VS2013 or other VS version? Maybe you could create a blank solution, and then copy all projects to the new solution, clean and rebuild the whole solution, test it again.

In addition, if there are so many projects in the same solution, sometimes it would impact the performance, maybe you could create a few solutions for different projects, test it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 11, 2015 5:54 AM
  • Hi David,

Have you tried just scanning your disk to see if the OS can repair your files? Maybe it is a simple corruption from files being open when an app crashed or thd machine lost power.

Sincerely, 

IoTGirl

Friday, September 11, 2015 6:01 AM