none
how can i make my first application in ASP .net ?? Please help... I am oracle forms developer and unaware to it.. RRS feed

• Question

•  How can i make my first application in ASP .net ?? Anyone Please  help...  I am oracle forms developer and unaware to .net .

Please help in learning how can i am able to develop Application through  ASP.Net.

Sunday, December 15, 2019 3:11 PM

Answers

• There are many, many, many tutorials and books available everywhere. Read some of them then go to ASP.Net and ask specific questions.

In Visual Studio you can go to "File" | "New" then expand the language you intend to use (C# or VB.Net) then select "Web". You will then have a variety of possibilities. If you choose the default ("Web Application") then it will generate a complete application for a store. Or you can do "Empty" and you will have a complete skeleton that can be added to. If you read relevant tutorials and/or books then you can use either MVC, Razor, Angular or React for the website.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

• Marked as answer by Jack_tata Monday, December 16, 2019 8:47 AM
    Sunday, December 15, 2019 5:51 PM
  • Hi Jack,

Thank you for posting here.

Microsoft provides a detailed example for beginners to learn how to create an ASP.NET Core Web application using Visual Studio.

See the link below to build your first ASP.Net application.

Quickstart: Use Visual Studio to create your first ASP.NET Core web app.

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 16, 2019 6:08 AM

All replies

• They can give you best tutorial links for ASP.NET in ASP.NET forums.

http://forums.asp.net/

Sunday, December 15, 2019 4:11 PM
  • When considering how to work with data with Oracle for your ASP.NET project consider using Entity Framework Core rather than the Oracle data provider or Entity Framework 6. I've used the managed data provider, works okay, Entity Framework 6 for Oracle, not great (unlike Entity Framework 6 for SQL-Server), Entity Framework Core is easy to work.

Now when working with Entity Framework Core with existing databases, tables there is a process called scaffolding which will create classes for your database tables for you while there is an option to write code that will generate database tables, this type of project takes a bit more effort as the code must do all relations and so forth which is fine if you understand the relational model from a database perspective then migrations is fine.  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Sunday, December 15, 2019 5:03 PM
  • There are many, many, many tutorials and books available everywhere. Read some of them then go to ASP.Net and ask specific questions.

In Visual Studio you can go to "File" | "New" then expand the language you intend to use (C# or VB.Net) then select "Web". You will then have a variety of possibilities. If you choose the default ("Web Application") then it will generate a complete application for a store. Or you can do "Empty" and you will have a complete skeleton that can be added to. If you read relevant tutorials and/or books then you can use either MVC, Razor, Angular or React for the website.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

• Marked as answer by Jack_tata Monday, December 16, 2019 8:47 AM
    Sunday, December 15, 2019 5:51 PM
  • Hi Jack,

Thank you for posting here.

Microsoft provides a detailed example for beginners to learn how to create an ASP.NET Core Web application using Visual Studio.

See the link below to build your first ASP.Net application.

Quickstart: Use Visual Studio to create your first ASP.NET Core web app.

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 16, 2019 6:08 AM
  • Thank a  lot.......
    Monday, December 16, 2019 8:49 AM