none
Infopath 5566 error but only in one site collection

    Question

  • So I am using an InfoPath form with SharePoint and am getting the 5566 error. I have this working successfully on several other site collections in the same web application and in several content databases. However, in one specific site collection I am getting the 5566 error. I have double verified that the udcx file is correct and compared it to the other sites that work. I have created new dataconnnection libraries and lists but it does not seem to make a difference. I see the following error in the ULS logs but am pretty sure is misleading because I have data connection files enabled for Infopath in Central Admin (Plus other site collections are working fine).

    The following query failed: GetUserProfileByName (User: 0#.w|contoso\jake, Form Name: Template, IP: , Connection Target: http://siteurl/DataConnectionsLib/getuserprofilebyname_test_jake.udcx, Request: http://siteurl/Lists/testlist/AllItems.aspx, Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:list:-AutoGen-2017-01-06T08:20:29:550Z Type: DataAdapterException, Exception Message: Authentication information in the UDC file could not be used for this connection because user forms are not allowed to use UDC authentication. To change this settings, use the InfoPath Forms Services configuration page in SharePoint Central Admin.)

    The setting to allow use of UDC files is enabled in the Infopath settings for Central Admin. So I know for sure that the error message is a lie. 

    Is there anything in the site collection that is misconfigured that can cause this issue? Again, this is for only one site collection. All other site collections work fine. Ideas?

    Thanks in advance,
    Jake.

    Saturday, January 07, 2017 4:30 AM

All replies

  • Hi Jake- you probably don't have something configured correctly in the site collection. See the following links for troubleshooting. I'm guessing the first link is your issue, but if not, the second one is very thorough.

    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/SqlServer/en-US/c796b1ae-cc54-45b5-bb31-2597a66eab2b/infopath-2013-sql-data-connection-not-working-from-browser?forum=sharepointcustomization

    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/rajbugga/2013/08/07/infopath-sharepoint-200720102013-configuration-and-troubleshooting/


    cameron rautmann

    Monday, January 09, 2017 1:58 PM
  • Hi jacobUT,

    How did you enable to use of UDC file in central administration?

    To troubleshoot the issue, you could check things below:

    1. Check if “Allow user form templates to use authentication information contained in data connection files” is enabled in central administration. Go to Central Administration->General application settings->Configure InfoPath Forms Services->enable “Allow user form templates to use authentication information contained in data connection files <label></label>”.

    2. Increase the Data Connection Timeouts.

    3. Run two timer jobs “User Profile service application proxy - User Profile to SharePoint full synchronization” and “User Profile service application proxy - User Profile to SharePoint quick synchronization”. It will sync user information from user profile to user information list.

    For more detailed information, you could refer to the article below.

    InfoPath -SharePoint 2007/2010/2013 Configuration and troubleshooting.

    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/rajbugga/2013/08/07/infopath-sharepoint-200720102013-configuration-and-troubleshooting/

    Best regards,

    Sara Fan


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

    Monday, January 09, 2017 2:32 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi jacobUT,

    How is everything going?

    Is there anything update about this issue?

    If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

    Best regards,

    Sara Fan


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

    Thursday, February 02, 2017 1:14 AM
    Moderator
  • I apologize for not responding earlier. Unfortunately, nothing I tried seemed to resolve the issue for this one site collection. I ended up using the User Information List instead since I was pulling the details for the person who was filling up the form and he/she would be in the UIL. However, if for instance, I had to find the users manager and get the manager's details, this process would not work unless the manager had visited the site at some point. For now, this was the best compromise. If the needs change, I will have no option but to transfer all content to a new site collection where I have verified that this function works. 
    Thursday, February 02, 2017 1:26 PM