none
Unable to connect to Sql server on an Azure VM RRS feed

• Question

• SQL server is hosted on an azure VM whose Public IP is set to None and has an express route and is joined to corp domain.

Azure search is configured in the same express route.

Tried with sql authentication and also with corp credentials.

Below error is shown

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - No such host is known.)

Firewall for port opened on SQL server.

All services are running and protocols enabled

Kiranmayi

Thursday, October 11, 2018 12:23 PM

Answers

• If u create Azure search in same subscription as express route, doesn't mean Azure search is working on express route, it is still running as PaaS and doesn't see the domain joined SQL server and hence the error
    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:42 AM

All replies

• @Kiranmayi, Azure Search is PaaS service and I am curious to understand on how have you configured Azure search on same express route? Please provide more details for the same.
    Friday, October 12, 2018 3:20 AM
  • I created Azure search instance in my subscription which has express route.

Kiranmayi

Friday, October 12, 2018 4:21 AM
  • If u create Azure search in same subscription as express route, doesn't mean Azure search is working on express route, it is still running as PaaS and doesn't see the domain joined SQL server and hence the error
    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:42 AM
  • You would have to access your SQL DB over the public internet, rather than express route
    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:56 AM