none
Invoke a state to appear on a seperate screen... RRS feed

• Question

• I have a component screen that will initiate a screen to pop up, however I need this screen to pop up on a seperate screen.

I.E., Screen 1 is the main screen, Screen 2 is the component screen, and Screen 3 is the screen that should pop-up. Screen 1 houses screen 2, and I want screen 2 to pop-up screen 3. Since screen 3 is larger than screen 2, it needs to pop up inside screen 1.

Clear as mud?
    Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Friday, December 4, 2009 5:15 PM

Answers

• So I figured this out...

Any component page opened from another page is confined to the size of the page it is opened from.

To fix this, (using the example in the above post) I created the state that opens the component screen in screen 1. However, I put the trigger to invoke that state in screen 2. Since screen 1 is lagrer than the screen I wanted to pop-up (screen 3), it worked.

I had to do this all in the XAML though as I didn't see any way to do this in the properties section.

I hope this is helpful...

• Marked as answer by Terry Ballard Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:05 PM
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:05 PM

All replies

• So I figured this out...

Any component page opened from another page is confined to the size of the page it is opened from.

To fix this, (using the example in the above post) I created the state that opens the component screen in screen 1. However, I put the trigger to invoke that state in screen 2. Since screen 1 is lagrer than the screen I wanted to pop-up (screen 3), it worked.

I had to do this all in the XAML though as I didn't see any way to do this in the properties section.

I hope this is helpful...

• Marked as answer by Terry Ballard Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:05 PM
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:05 PM
  • Hi Terry,

You don't have to do this in XAML.
    In your Objects and Timeline window, go to the control that holds the trigger on your component screen. This could be a button control. Under the button control you'll find the behaviours e.g. the [PlaySketchFlowAnimationAction] or the [ActivateStateAction]. Click on the behaviour and then go to the properties section of the behaviour. There you can type the name of the target screen and the sketchflow animation. Be careful to select the correct target name. you can find this name in the header section of the XAML of the target screen (for instance x:Class = "myproject.Screen_1").

Hope this helps,

Ewout
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:36 AM