Security issue with too many bad password attempts... RRS feed

• Question

•  

Error: 2008-11-07 10:51:51.16
       Code: 0xC0202009
       Source: GalaxyPackage Connection manager "DatamartConnection"
       Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.
    An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "Login failed for user 'ssis_user' because t
    e account is currently locked out. The system administrator can unlock it. ".
    End Error

I look in SQL Server Management Studio at the properties-status tab of the specific login where it has a check box for login is locked out but its not checked and I still get a locked out message when trying to run the ssis package that uses this user account.  I tried the following as well and no dice...

ALTER LOGIN ssis_user WITH PASSWORD = 'password' UNLOCK

Any ideas where else this might be locked? 

Friday, November 7, 2008 9:06 PM

Answers

•  Emanuel Peixoto wrote:

Can you logon on SSMS using 'ssis_user' ?

Did you already check if your package is using an outdated or wrong password?

This login use check policy like password expiration?

Thats the thing, I was able to log on in SSMS ok.  I verified the password is correct.  I was able to test my connection in the Connection Manager in the package and it validated fine, but when I tried running it from the command prompt it still gave me the locked error.  I have since restarted the SQL Server service and it doesn't appear to be locked anymore. My problem is I am not real confident that had anything to do with it and am worried that it has reset itself after a prescribed amount of time.  I would like to be able to unlock it right away without having to wait for it to reset itself a day later.  Is there a standard procedure that SQL Server DB admins go through for unlocking an account once it is locked? 

• Marked as answer by mathiasX Monday, March 16, 2009 4:47 PM
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 5:40 PM

All replies

• Can you logon on SSMS using 'ssis_user' ?

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:21 AM
  •  Emanuel Peixoto wrote:

Can you logon on SSMS using 'ssis_user' ?

Thats the thing, I was able to log on in SSMS ok.  I verified the password is correct.  I was able to test my connection in the Connection Manager in the package and it validated fine, but when I tried running it from the command prompt it still gave me the locked error.  I have since restarted the SQL Server service and it doesn't appear to be locked anymore. My problem is I am not real confident that had anything to do with it and am worried that it has reset itself after a prescribed amount of time.  I would like to be able to unlock it right away without having to wait for it to reset itself a day later.  Is there a standard procedure that SQL Server DB admins go through for unlocking an account once it is locked? 

• Marked as answer by mathiasX Monday, March 16, 2009 4:47 PM
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 5:40 PM