none
Share Point 2013 On Premise workflows. RRS feed

• Question

• The logic for the workflow is to create items in 3 lists based on status change. My conditions in workflow are below
    Condition - If status = "Approval"
                     or Status = "Manual"
                     or Status = "Reopen"
    Actions:
    Create list item in List A
    Create List Item in List B.

For Reopen status - The item is created in List B but not in List A. If its Approval or Manual item is created in both list but only for Re-Open item is created in List B but not in List A. And i see many workflows (22) are still in progress. Why do the workflows remain in progress? Is there any way around to avoid this? We are loosing data because of the workflows not running properly.

Any ideas?

Friday, December 16, 2016 8:14 PM

All replies

• Hi

let me recap

Which are these 3 lists?

Because I see only List A and List B ( of course without the main list where you attach the workflow )

Which are Status column values? ( only Approval, manual and Reopen ? )

In this case , you should use not a condition to add the item in lost B. Put the condition ( check status value ) only if status=reopen - and add an item in list A as well

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Friday, December 16, 2016 9:33 PM
  • Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry - its 2 lists A and B, not 3. And Statuses has different other values as well like Denied , Closed. They all work fine. I did not get your point...you want me to put like this?

or Status = "Manual"
                     or Status = "Reopen"
    Actions:
    Create list item in List A

or Status = "Manual"
                     or Status = "Reopen"
    Actions:
    Create List Item in List B.

Friday, December 16, 2016 10:48 PM
  • Hi,

May it’s a little late, based on my understanding, your logic equal to if Status = "Reopen" Create List Item in List B else Create List Item in List A&B.

But for workflow stuck, you’d better check which step is getting stuck, or add log to check the issue.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 23, 2016 8:15 AM