CAB file STATUS_ASSERTION_FAILURE_c0000420_Windows.UI.Xaml.dll!GetDependencyObjectAddress

Question

• I'm trying to determine what caused a crash reported on our app's dashboard.  I'm using the following two sets of instructions to use the cab file:

Improving apps with quality reports

Windows Store Applications–Debugging Crashes

The call stack I'm able to get is:

> Windows.UI.Xaml.dll!PfsForceCrash(long) Line 90 C
    Windows.UI.Xaml.dll!PfsOfferableHeapCleanup(_PFS_OFFERABLE_HEAP * Heap) Line 1009 C
    Windows.UI.Xaml.dll!COfferableHeapImpl::~COfferableHeapImpl() Line 123 C++
    Windows.UI.Xaml.dll!_CRT_INIT(void * hDllHandle, unsigned long dwReason, void * lpreserved) Line 510 C
    Windows.UI.Xaml.dll!__DllMainCRTStartup(void * hDllHandle, unsigned long dwReason, void * lpreserved) Line 657 C
    ntdll.dll!LdrpCallInitRoutine() Unknown
    ntdll.dll!LdrShutdownProcess() Unknown
    ntdll.dll!RtlExitUserProcess() Unknown
    kernel32.dll!ExitProcessImplementation() Unknown
    msvcr110.dll!000007fc86d83063() Unknown

Visual studio also says that pfslib.c was not found.  There doesn't appear to be a call stack for any of the other threads that might have been running at the time.  The error message is:

Unhandled exception at 0x000007FC73C818EB (Windows.UI.Xaml.dll) in triagedump.dmp: 0xC0000420: Assertion Failure.

Is anyone familiar with this error, and what might be causing it?  Alternately, do you have any tips on how to get more information from Visual Studio 2012 or WinDbg.exe?

Thanks,
    Andrea

Andrea Mantler

Friday, April 26, 2013 8:22 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I would like to change this thread type as discussion, because I think there may be no exact answer for this question.

Thanks for your understanding,

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 29, 2013 2:51 AM
  • Except that I really do have a question that needs an answer, and anyone who is able to steer me in a direction that will produce an answer I will happily mark as the answer.

Andrea Mantler

Monday, April 29, 2013 3:26 AM
  • I'm still hoping for some assistance or suggestions with this problem, thanks!

Andrea Mantler

Monday, May 06, 2013 7:07 PM
  • Hello Andrea, I'm also getting the same error.  My understanding of that stack is that the application is quitting and shutting down.  During this phase it seems to be doing some cleanup of some COM objects referenced by Xaml.  During this cleanup it crashes.

I think this could indicate a heap corruption issue, so my advice would be to go back and verify that there's no buffer overflows etc in your native code.  Are you using any native libraries in your app like SQLite? 

Are you using any DirectX calls?

Friday, January 10, 2014 10:28 AM
  • Thanks!

Andrea Mantler

Friday, January 10, 2014 5:13 PM