Is it possible to get values from multiple columns while iterating over ListBox.SelectedItems? RRS feed

• Question

• Using a ListBox set to allow selection of multiple items, is it possible to get the value of different columns?

When I use For Each item in Me.ListBox.ItemsSelected, item is a variant, and I don't know how to extract any data from it except one value.
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:11 PM

Answers

• You can use the Column property of the list box control for this. For example, to get the value of the 3rd column:

Dim itm As Variant
        For Each itm In Me.List0.ItemsSelected
            Debug.Print Me.List0.Column(2, itm)
        Next itm

where List0 is the name of the list box. The column number is zero-based, so use 0 for the first column, 1 for the second column etc.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar (http://www.eileenslounge.com)

• Marked as answer by HTHP Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:17 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:40 PM
  • Using a ListBox set to allow selection of multiple items, is it possible to get the value of different columns?

When I use For Each item in Me.ListBox.ItemsSelected, item is a variant, and I don't know how to extract any data from it except one value.

Yes.  You can specify the row-index, provided by "item", along with the 0-based column index, to read the .Column property.  For example:

With Me.MyListbox

For Each item in .ItemsSelected

Debug.Print .ItemData(item), .Column(0, Item), .Column(1, item)

Next item

End With

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:44 PM

All replies

• You can use the Column property of the list box control for this. For example, to get the value of the 3rd column:

Dim itm As Variant
        For Each itm In Me.List0.ItemsSelected
            Debug.Print Me.List0.Column(2, itm)
        Next itm

where List0 is the name of the list box. The column number is zero-based, so use 0 for the first column, 1 for the second column etc.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar (http://www.eileenslounge.com)

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:40 PM

Yes.  You can specify the row-index, provided by "item", along with the 0-based column index, to read the .Column property.  For example:

With Me.MyListbox

For Each item in .ItemsSelected

Debug.Print .ItemData(item), .Column(0, Item), .Column(1, item)

Next item

End With

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:44 PM
  • Very helpful, thanks!
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:17 PM