none
Office 365/Outlook - "My Templates" style app RRS feed

• Question

• Very early in Office 365 (Outlook) development, but I am curious what style of an Outlook app I need to develop in order to achieve very similar behavior to "My Templates".  These features include:

1. Available when "composing" messages (new or reply to message) 
    2. Located/layout on the right of the message (vs above the message)

My Templates (default app from Microsoft) has the exact behavior I need.  I have just started - so I'm not clear on the settings/type of project (using Visual Studio).

Thank you!

Michael

Friday, February 28, 2014 8:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

What’s version of Visual Studio are you using? And I didn’t see the Office Dev tools for Visual Studio 2013 in web plat form installer, I am using web plat form installer 4.6.
    As far as I know, the Office Dev tools are contained in Visual Studio 2013 default, we don’t need to install in separately.

And below article may be helpful for you studying apps for Outlook.
    Mail apps for Outlook

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 3, 2014 5:26 AM

All replies

• I have part of this figured out. Looks like I need to use the Office App 1.1 API and Office 2013 SP1. I also see an update for Office Dev tools for Visual Studio 2013 (March 2014) - but I am unable to install. The web platform installer says it cannot find the product. Has anyone else applied the March update for Office Dev tools?
    Saturday, March 1, 2014 9:36 AM
  • Hi Michael,

What’s version of Visual Studio are you using? And I didn’t see the Office Dev tools for Visual Studio 2013 in web plat form installer, I am using web plat form installer 4.6.
    As far as I know, the Office Dev tools are contained in Visual Studio 2013 default, we don’t need to install in separately.

And below article may be helpful for you studying apps for Outlook.
    Mail apps for Outlook

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 3, 2014 5:26 AM