Open pdf file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am trying to open pdf file in my  application. So Anyone has control or library to open pdf file in my application. Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:21 AM

Answers

• There is no PDF control in-box for Windows 8. Windows 8.1 introduces a PDF API.

You can launch the PDF file to have it open in the user's default PDF reader app. If you want to load it in your own app then search the forum and you'll find a number of threads with recommendations for 3rd party PDF controls to use on Windows 8.

--Rob

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:31 AM
  • I can't make any direct recommendations, but if you search the forum and you'll find a number of threads with community recommendations for 3rd party PDF controls to use on Windows 8.
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:03 AM

All replies

• There is no PDF control in-box for Windows 8. Windows 8.1 introduces a PDF API.

You can launch the PDF file to have it open in the user's default PDF reader app. If you want to load it in your own app then search the forum and you'll find a number of threads with recommendations for 3rd party PDF controls to use on Windows 8.

--Rob

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:31 AM
  • Hello Rob,

Thanks for reply. so any other control or library to convert pdf page to image file.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:57 AM
  • I can't make any direct recommendations, but if you search the forum and you'll find a number of threads with community recommendations for 3rd party PDF controls to use on Windows 8.
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:03 AM
  • Ok rob, I am search this type of control or library.
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:06 AM
  • Windows 8.1 has APIs for rendering PDFs. Please have a look at the Windows.Data.Pdf namespace

Build conference session recording available on Channel 9. This details how to use the new PDF rendering APIs. You can find samples for the APIs here.

Friday, November 1, 2013 7:39 AM