none
& is shown as &amp RRS feed

• Question

•  

hai,

i retrieve some data from database and store it in a Dataset.And run a for loop to that dataset and assign some values to the datatable.my problem is when i assign this values to the datatable any & is converted into & ,i.e., a & b is shown as a & b .how can i solve this please help me.

Monday, May 19, 2008 11:47 AM

All replies

•  karthick wrote:

hai,

i retrieve some data from database and store it in a Dataset.And run a for loop to that dataset and assign some values to the datatable.my problem is when i assign this values to the datatable any & is converted into & ,i.e., a & b is shown as a & b .how can i solve this please help me.

What is the data type for an object that contains "a & b" as its current value?  String or a custom type?

Rudedog
    Monday, May 19, 2008 1:26 PM
  • it is string

Monday, May 19, 2008 1:36 PM
  • Hi,

You mean the string including “&” became “&” in your data, so you want to solve this problem, right?  But I am afraid it is not a problem.

You know, in the new W3C HTML protocols, “&” is represented by “&” in a Unicode format, so it is a normal change, without any issue here, I think. 

For more detail, you could refer to HTML Document Representation. (Search “&” to check)

Hope these can help.  Any more problem, be free to ask, please.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Lingzhi

Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:55 AM
  • hi,

if the text is a&b.it has been shown as a & b.eventhough it is w3c format my client want the actual data to be displayed as itself that what he entered.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:18 AM
  • I sort of understand the problem. The DB or whatever is outputting a&b. For somereason the script ing then converting the & in the & to another &, so the total output is a&b
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:59 AM
  • How do you display data? I mean do you bind dataset to any specific control or you are using any code to build your own HTML? Can you post more details here?

Friday, May 23, 2008 5:29 PM
  • Hai,

This is my code,

for (int ncount = 0; ncount <= grdemploeedetails.Rows.Count - 1; ncount++)

{

CheckBox chkselect = (CheckBox)grdemploeedetails.Rows[ncount].FindControl("chkselect");

if (chkselect.Checked)

{

dtemp = (DataTable)ViewState["emptable"];

dremp = dtemp.NewRow();

dremp[0] = grdemploeedetails.Rows[ncount].Cells[0].Text;

dremp[1] = grdemploeedetails.Rows[ncount].Cells[1].Text;

string strdept = grdemploeedetails.Rows[ncount].Cells[2].Text;

dremp[2] =strdept.Replace("&amp;","&");

string strsubdept = grdemploeedetails.Rows[ncount].Cells[3].Text;

dremp[3] = strsubdept.Replace("&amp;", "&");

string strgrade = grdemploeedetails.Rows[ncount].Cells[4].Text;

dremp[4] = strgrade.Replace("&amp;", "&");

dremp[5] = grdemploeedetails.Rows[ncount].Cells[5].Text.Trim();

dtemp.Rows.Add(dremp);

grdselectedemployee.DataSource = dtemp;

grdselectedemployee.DataBind();

}

}

In the grdselectedemployee grid all the & where shown as &amp;.How can i solve this.
    Monday, May 26, 2008 8:16 AM