none
Get Contact Url in Exchange 2010 using EWS Managed API RRS feed

• Question

• Can any one please let me know the way to get contact url in Exchange 2010 using EWS Managed API. For Exchange 2003 and Exchang 2007 server we call these individual contact files as EML files.
    • Edited by Vipul Sing Monday, October 22, 2012 1:09 PM
    Monday, October 22, 2012 11:22 AM

All replies

• If you talking about the DAV:Href property there is no equivalent in Exchange 2010 to get an Item using EWS you need to know the EWSid of the Item in question. If you want to allow the user to open an Item in OWA you can use the

WebClientReadFormQueryString http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exchange/dd877102%28v=exchg.140%29.aspx property in the Managed API to get the OWA URL for an object

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:31 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

Is there some way to get the contact from EWS Managed API using the url obtained from "WebClientReadFormQueryString" property or some other property?

Actually while using Interop.CDO in our legacy application we use the url of EML to get contacts. We are looking for this kind of solution.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:31 AM
  • No WebClientReadFormQueryString is what you get from the Managed API on a Object you already have bound to.

To bind to an Item with EWS you need to have the EWSId

Dav access to the Store was removed in Exchange 2010 so whether you where using CDOEX or even the Mapi equivalent those EML links are no longer valid. eg if you have used PR_URL_COMP_NAME or PidTagUrlCompName http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee201191%28v=exchg.80%29.aspx these are all no longer valid in Exchange 2010.

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:51 PM
  • Thanks for the answers.

Can any one please let me know how to fetch contact using EWSID from EWS Managed API. Just for your informationi am using 1.2.1 version of EWS Managed API

Friday, October 26, 2012 3:04 AM
  • Thanks for the answers.

Can any one please let me know how to fetch contact using EWSID from EWS Managed API. Just for your informationi am using 1.2.1 version of EWS Managed API.

Just to be more specific i need to search contact using specific ID of a contact.

I tried to fetch contact using "WebClientReadFormQueryString". But found no such method to search contact using "WebClientReadFormQueryString".  I need to .

Friday, October 26, 2012 3:10 AM
  • >Just to be more specific i need to search contact using specific ID of a contact.

You need to define what you mean by specific ID ?  

WebClientReadFormQueryString is just a URL you could open a message in Browser with OWA it has nothing to do with using EWS.

Cheers
    Glen

Friday, October 26, 2012 3:16 AM