App failing Certification

Question

• hey so I know theres a million questions like this but I cant seem to find any answers that I haven't tried. So I'm trying to certify my app and it keeps failing on performance:

Performance test
    FAILED
    Bytecode generation
    • Error Found: The bytecode generation test detected the following errors:
      • File \\?\C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\40858SpencerKillen.LlamasandLasers_0.5.5.0_neutral__t12ba2zspydg8\public\iap\_windows_8.js has JavaScript syntax or other problems.

I've converting all the files to utf-8 already but I'm still getting the error, if it is a syntax error in my javascript is there any easy way to find it?

Monday, February 17, 2014 6:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Spencer,

Have you tried to clean and rebuild the app? Uninstall the existing app on the system is necessary.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:33 AM
  • Hi Spencer.

You should be able to see these errors in your Error List window, especially during build or debug. Also if you open your .js files look for the 'squiggly'. Finally, have you tried running VS2013 Performance and Diagnostics Tool against the app? I find all the tools helpful, but especially the Energy Consumption and HTML UI Responsive tool.

Regards,

Christine

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Spencer,

Have you tried to clean and rebuild the app? Uninstall the existing app on the system is necessary.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:33 AM
  • Hi Spencer.

You should be able to see these errors in your Error List window, especially during build or debug. Also if you open your .js files look for the 'squiggly'. Finally, have you tried running VS2013 Performance and Diagnostics Tool against the app? I find all the tools helpful, but especially the Energy Consumption and HTML UI Responsive tool.

Regards,

Christine

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:01 PM
  • Hi, I'm having this same problem.

Did you find a solution that works?

Thank you

Friday, December 05, 2014 5:04 PM