Preview Crystal Report from ASP.net without passing parameters RRS feed

• Question

• User-1841574631 posted

Hi Everyone,

Sorry couldn't think of any better Subject..

I am developing a User Reports Module using C#.Net using Visual Studio 2005. Basic purpose of this module is to allow user to be able to run their own Crystal Reports. i.e. if Users have their own Crystal Reports specific to their needs then we allow them to save them and view them from our user reports module.

So when user saves any report we save it on server and save the Physical path of that report in database. Now when user tries to view the report I get the location from database and load it. Which works ok. The issue now is those reports which have got parameters. 

I am not saving any information about parameters in their reports. So I do not have any information about Report Parameters.

This same application exists in VB6. What that VB application does is opens the Crystal Report and then Crystal report asks for needed parameters exactly as it will do if we try to open a crystal report using crystal report and preview it from there it asks for parameter values. 

How can I do that in C#.Net.

VB has got code like this

Global Appl As New CRAXDRT.Application
        Global ViewerReport As New CRAXDRT.Report

Global Appl As New CRAXDRT.Application

Global ViewerReport As New CRAXDRT.Report

Set ViewerReport = Appl.OpenReport(ReportName)

Load frmCrystalViewer

frmCrystalViewer.ViewReport ViewerReport

frmCrystalViewer.Show vbModal

I have no idea what  is "frmCrystalViewer" in above code. Could that be CrystalViewer?

I hope it all make sense to you guys and I am not confusing you.

Any ideas on this? or any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Thursday, August 26, 2010 2:23 AM

All replies